Friday, January 25, 2013

Potty Time

We dont want to have to kids in diapers so I am potty training Channing now. I know he is ready. We introduced the potty chair to Channing back in August and he loved it! But we were going to Hawaii the next week and I didn't want to try training him while we were on vacation. So we went and came back and didn't try very hard to train him. 

Since October we have slowly tried to get him to go potty in his toilet, I just kept him naked from his waste down and he would go in his chair 9 out of 10 times. He had a harder time when we would put underwear on him because if he felt something on his bum he didn't think about going in the chair. But he is getting better and I am just keeping underwear on him so that he can get used to the feeling.

It's getting closer to baby time so we are going all out now. We made a sticker chart and put it on the fridge. Every time he goes pee pee he gets to pick out a sticker and put it on the chart and when he goes poo poo he gets a yummy treat! So far he is doing really good! We have left the house twice now with him in underwear and he tells me when he needs to go potty! I am so proud of him. I think we will be able to have him fully trained before baby brother gets here.





No comments:

Post a Comment